30 June 2007

New Orleans Elegy At Socrates Sculpture Park!



Hey, so there is going to be an opening July 27, complete with other people and food and a big latex tentmold of a real house from New Orleans and Michael Mercil. Details will be posted on this blog. I hope to meet you there!

For the time being, this is my tire connection, Dudzai. He used to be in the Foreign Service. But the political situation being what it is in his native Zimbabwe, he is now in the second-hand tire business here in Queens, right across the street from the park.

I feel very fortunate to have met Dudzai, and not just because he gives me all the tires I need. He thinks a lot, and has a lot of interesting things to say about everything from global warming to the value of working with your hands to why we are in Iraq...

...and of course, I appreciate the primer on African Dictators.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dilettante Ventures said...

So you know M. Mercil?

01 July, 2007 12:35  
Blogger fisher6000 said...

He installed some work at the park. So I can't say he's a close friend or anything, but did give him a ride to the hardware store. Nice guy!!!

01 July, 2007 17:57  
Blogger Dilettante Ventures said...

He's my (uh oh, blowing the collective cover) former thesis adviser, although he doesn't know my current activities...and JP from UCSD is BFF with my wife - strange huh?

02 July, 2007 19:24  
Blogger fisher6000 said...

Jennifer Pastor or JP Gorin?

02 July, 2007 19:41  
Blogger fisher6000 said...

(Not that I can imagine JP Gorin being BFF with anyone's wife...)

02 July, 2007 19:41  
Blogger fisher6000 said...

Are you sure that I don't know who you (all) are???

02 July, 2007 19:43  
Blogger Dilettante Ventures said...

Pastor...

03 July, 2007 16:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home