03 August 2006

Trial By Fire



It's really, really hot. I've been a little under the gun. Hot and busy is a bad combination.

Got some great advice yesterday. I was told to quit fucking around and really make something about destruction already. I was, in a gentle way, called a pussy. And it's true, it's a slap that opens a door. And I am so hot I am delirious, and so full of ozone that my head is pounding, and I don't know what else to do with this information right now except place it here, so that even if I get busy meeting my pussy obligations of 2006, I have to remember that I told thirty-to-sixty people that 2007 really has to be the year of total sculptural catastrophe.

(and no, I don't know what this means)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Creegan said...

Perhaps it means put me (the viewer) literally inside one of your hellish landscapes?

05 August, 2006 11:19  
Blogger fisher6000 said...

Ah, the old inside-outside problem of making an object... interesting. You have something there, I have been defaulting to very closed shapes and need more lacy, more open. You know how a landscape painting's borders are obviously not the border of the landscape? If there were some way to make that happen with sculpture, I'd be much happier with what I am doing.

I'm sure there is a way, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

I've been thinking about pushing the structural integrity issue more--more actual breaking and less almost breaking. Less flirting, more fucking, if I may be so bold.

Thanks for the input, onesock, it's always a pleasure to see you.

05 August, 2006 17:25  
Blogger Mark Creegan said...

You're very welcome, I look forward to seeing your solutions. "Quality No! Energy Yes!"- Thomas Hirschorn

08 August, 2006 01:13  
Blogger geoffrey said...

funny, i already thought you had the destruction in your work...

i do get the less flirting more fucking thing... it is driving me freakin crazy right now in my own studio. Get on with it, already!!!

09 August, 2006 16:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home