26 June 2006

Youth Diatribe Antidote

Courtesy this Sunday's Times Magazine. If misdirected kvetching, open season on kvetching, rekvetching, and lingering over how ignorant it was to kvetch in the first place has left you with a bit of a whining hangover or--worse--despondent because you are not young and hot, take heart. Jeff Garlin has good advice for you.

This man has serious bad health days, keeps getting mistaken for George Wendt, pretty consistently considers himself a second fiddle, and is doing just fine. He is doing show business the hard way, and he is doing it with serious integrity.

Artists, please stop moaning that you need a pretty face or ten years shaved off your resume and cling to the funnyman's truth:

"You get everything you need by being good."

2 Comments:

Blogger highlowbetween said...

Amen. Just blow people away with great art! Someone is bound to rekanize! - right?

27 June, 2006 10:23  
Blogger fisher6000 said...

I know it sounds hopelessly naive, but I feel like it's all I've got! I can't make people like me or get rich quick, and I am not savvy enough to scheme my way into getting to know people who know people.

To naive, supreme focus on one's own knitting! Viva la revolucion!

27 June, 2006 17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home